The Case for Professional Local SEO Services.
My goal with this article is to demonstrate the complexity of Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so you will make the smart decision to hire a Professional Local SEO Services company to handle it for you. If you are looking for information about how to do Local SEO yourself, this is not the article for you. There are a million articles on Local SEO with good do it yourself tips, but if you really want to dominate Local Search and you don’t have the time and expertise to do it yourself, you need to hire an experienced company that offers Professional Local SEO Services.
If you are still reading this article you are serious about getting your business found in local search. I will cover why Local SEO is important for every local business, I will also detail all of the Local SEO Services involved in a professional Local SEO campaign. You can use this list of Local SEO Services as a guide to hiring an experienced and competent Professional Local SEO Services company.
Why is Local SEO important for your business?
Every business has a local service area and there is a vast array of search options for consumers. The challenge for your business is to have your website, social media, and business listings optimized to show up when and where local consumers are looking for your goods and services. Here are a few statistics that demonstrate just how important Local SEO is.
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information. (Source: Go Gulf)
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Source: Nectafy)
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales. (Source: Forrester)
- 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale. (Source: Think with Google)
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Source: Chat Meter)
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code. (Source: Think with Google)
- By using location-based coupons on mobile can lead to a 9916% increase in incremental mobile revenue. (Source: WordStream)
- Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time. (Source: Joel House Search Media)
- Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store. (Source: Joel House Search Media)
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results. (Source: SEO Expert)
- Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. (Source: Think with Google)
- KEYWORD RESEARCH – Identify the most relevant and popular keyword phrases most likely to generate sales. Using the right keyword phrases is crucial to improve your ranking on the search engines.
- GOOGLE MY BUSINESS PAGE – Optimize existing page or create and optimize a Google My Business Page if one does not exist. Youe Google My Business listing is the most important listing for Local Search.
- REPUTATION AND REVIEWS – Establish review submissions on all relevant sites. (Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc) Reply to all reviews and work with the client to resolve bad reviews. Reviews play a huge role in establishing trust with the consumer. Over 90% of users consider reviews before making a buying decision. 88% of consumers consider reviews as important as a personal referral.
- INITIAL ON-SITE CONTENT OPTIMIZATION (VISIBLE) – Optimization of the visible readable content on your website, with consideration of your target keywords. Quality content with the proper keywords is very important to improve your website’s authority. The content on your site must serve two masters. Google and the customer.
- INITIAL CONTENT OPTIMIZATION (NON – VISIBLE) – “White Hat” (ethical) optimization improving non–visible HTML elements including META tags, Page TITLE, Alt Tags, etc. This is where do it yourself Local SEO can go terribly wrong. If you don’t have the experience to execute White Hat SEO you can actually hurt your rankings or the search engines may decide not to crawl your website at all which will destroy any authority you may have built.
- SEO INFRASTRUCTURE EVALUATION – Observation of the overall SEO health of the website. Includes the review of the quality of inbound links, volume of inbound links, on-page link crawling, content crawling, content impact on search, robots.txt, duplicate content issues and other factors that could impact the performance of the SEO campaign. It is very easy to make mistakes on your website that will affect your ranking and authority. A professional SEO Services company has tools to find these errors and the experience to fix them.
- SCHEMA MARKUP – Addition of schema.org structured data markup in Google-recommended JSON-LD format for compatible website content management systems. Schema is powerful and important. By being able to implement and use this information. You’ll not only improve the usability of your site for users visiting and searching. But also climb the search rankings by helping Google show the relevant and correct information for your website.
- BAD LINK CLEANUP – If bad inbound links are identified during the SEO Infrastructure Evaluation, we post the bad links to the Google Disavow Links resource to diminish their negative impact toward search rankings.
- WEBSITE ARCHIVE – Archival of web pages targeted for optimization before and after the initial SEO work in implemented. This provides a before – and – after snapshot of each web page addressed by the SEO campaign.
- WEBSITE CONTENT CREATION – Provided on an as-needed basis, the creation of new content and/or new web pages to target critical search phrases that the website does not support prior to the launch of the Local SEO campaign.
- BUSINESS DIRECTORY SUBMISSIONS – Link building and profile submissions through business directory listings. Includes major business listing portals like manta.com and Merchant Circle.
- ONLINE YELLOWPAGE SUBMISSIONS – Link building and profile submissions through Online Yellow Pages websites like SuperPages.com.
- GPS & MOBILE MAP SUBMISSIONS – Link building and profile submissions through GPS Systems (car GPS) like TomTom, Chevy, Toyota and other major automotive manufacturers, phone and desktop map services.
- VOICE RECOGNITION & SEARCH SUBMISSIONS – Link building and profile submissions through voice search technology like Apple’s Siri, Windows Phones and Android Devices.
- BUSINESS LISTING NETWORK – Link building and profile submissions posted through Business Directories, Online Yellow Pages, GPS/Mobile Systems and Voice Recognition technology extend to a total network of 200+ end sources.
- XML SITEMAPS – Construction of XML sitemaps to invite thorough search engine BOT crawling and to identify website crawling issues. Sitemaps are then posted to and crawled by all major search engines.
- SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSIONS – Website submissions to over 25 US-based search engines, including all major engines and numerous tier – 2 search engines.
- ADAPTATION TO SEARCH ENGINE RANKING UPDATES – Google implements over 500 ranking adjustments per year with some bigger than others. We make adjustments to your campaign as needed to accommodate these changes.
- ONGOING SEO SERVICES – Ongoing SEO tasks to ensure long – term campaign growth. A “whatever it takes” strategy to work on the specific elements of SEO that will produce the best results. On a month to month basis the campaign will need to have different tasks prioritized, ranging from more content, more pages, content optimization adjustments, more inbound links, keyword retargeting, product targeting (Data Highlighting), strategy adjustments, website infrastructure cleanup, bad link removal, etc.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS ACCOUNT CREATION – The addition of a Google Analytics account (if an account does not already exist). Evaluation of website traffic statistics to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the website and to provide feedback concerning the performance of the SEO campaign.
- WEBMASTER TOOLS ACCOUNT CREATION – Creation, and installation of Webmaster Tools account for Google and Bing. Webmaster Tools account provides direct feedback from the search engines concerning relevant performance metrics specific to your website. This information is used to help identify problems with the website, the campaign, and to provide direction for future SEO work.
- WEBSITE DESIGN RECOMMENDATION – If needed, performance recommendations (non–formal) to assist with conversion improvements, site infrastructure or other issues that could improve bottom-line performance. (Is your website mobile responsive?)
- MONTHLY RANKING REPORTS & UPDATES – Keyword ranking report showing current rankings for relevant keywords on Google, Bing, and Yahoo. SEO campaign updates discussing progress and campaign details.
As you can see from the list of Local SEO Services above it is a lot of work and it is highly detailed and complex. I think we have established that Local SEO is not for do it yourselfers. You need a team of experienced, professional Local SEO experts if you want your business to dominate in local search.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of unscrupulous companies in the Local SEO industry. They promise low prices and great results. What you get is inferior performance and everything you really need costs more and more and more.
At Tamarac Digital we have put together one of the most experienced SEO and Local SEO teams in the country. Our team has over 20 years of experience in Professional SEO Services. We are so confident in the success of our Local SEO campaigns that we remove all risk for you with our performance guarantees.
Performance Guarantee #1
Gain a minimum of five new and relevant keyword rankings each month. This ensures that your campaign has long-term growth. We only count a new keyword rankings if it is within the first two page results of Google.
Performance Guarantee #2
Achieving a net positive keyword ranking gain for preexisting rankings each month. This ensures that in addition to capturing new, relevant keyword rankings, that established rankings are also improving.